Back

[SOLVED] createAccount Recovery throws error

• Users
  • Flutter
  • Cloud
  • Accounts
kamal.panara
26 Dec, 2023, 10:17

Which URL do I have to pass in the createRecovery function? I'm on free plan, it's not letting me use any other url except cloud.appwrite.io and I'm okay with it if it works with default URL of appwrite cloud but then the password reset link received on email is not working.

Error message:

TypeScript
 AppwriteException: general_argument_invalid, Invalid `url` param: URL host must be one of: localhost, cloud.appwrite.io (400)

this is what i'm referring to from official docs.

TL;DR
User is experiencing an error with the createAccount Recovery function. They are trying to use a different URL than "cloud.appwrite.io" but it is not working. The error message mentions that the URL host must be either "localhost" or "cloud.appwrite.io". Solution: The user needs to have a page at the URL they are using that will read the GET parameters passed and pass them to `account.updateRecovery()`. They can only use the URL "cloud.appwrite.io" if they are on the free plan.
ideclon
26 Dec, 2023, 16:23

Any hostname you’ve added as a Platform in the Console

ideclon
26 Dec, 2023, 16:25

You need to have a page at the URL you put in that’ll read the GET parameters passed, and pass them to account.updateRecovery()

kamal.panara
26 Dec, 2023, 17:02

Oh I see

kamal.panara
26 Dec, 2023, 17:02

Got it, thanks

ideclon
26 Dec, 2023, 17:12

If your issue has been solved, you can mark this post as closed by adding “[SOLVED]” to the beginning of the title

kamal.panara
26 Dec, 2023, 17:14

[SOLVED] createAccount Recovery throws error

kamal.panara
26 Dec, 2023, 17:14

done

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more