Back

Server-side sessions VS. Client-side sessions

• Web
Los Feliz
22 Oct, 2024, 20:24

I am confused about creating a session on the server side vs. creating a session on the client side. I successfully create a session on the server side via my web interface, I get code 200, and log the relevant info in both browser console and Appwrite's Exevution logs. But when I refresh the Sessions tab for my user, the tab is empty. Where is the session being created and why is it not listed in the Session's tab?

TL;DR
- Developer created a server-side session using NextJS, but it doesn't appear in the Sessions tab for the user in the browser. - Confusion between creating sessions on server-side vs. client-side. - Need to review and possibly adjust code for session creation. - Solution: Check and modify code for server-side session creation, ensure it properly logs info in the correct location for the user's session tab.
Kenny
22 Oct, 2024, 20:31

Testing this myself with NextJS and creating a server side session works just fine and logs it in the sessions tab for the user. What does your code look like that is creating the session?

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more