Back

(Self-Hosted) OAuth workaround iframe

• Self Hosted
  • Auth
BomL97
21 Oct, 2024, 15:36

Hello, I have a few questions regarding my angular application that uses Appwrite and is intended to run inside an iframe of a SharePoint web part.

As I want to run the application in SharePoint, I have created a WebPart the integrates the application via an iframe. I am using Appwrites authentication and would like to use Microsoft OAuth. However, I understand that this is not possible inside an iframe.

Currently, as a workaround I can get the OAuth access token via the WebPart and pass it to the angular application. This is as far as I get, as I have no idea on how to start a session for the correct user using the appwrite api with the access token.

Therefore, I was wondering if the workaround as I have envisioned it is even possible. If, yes, how would I continue the login process? If, no, is there another / better workaround possible? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR
Developers are looking to integrate an Angular application using Appwrite into an iframe within a SharePoint web part, but facing OAuth authentication issues. They need guidance on how to start a session for the correct user using the Appwrite API with the access token. Advice on whether the envisioned workaround is feasible and suggestions for alternative solutions are requested.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more