Back

.wav files have wrong mimetype on appwrite storage??

• React Native
  • Storage
  • Cloud
djimon
20 Oct, 2024, 11:05

I am using react native trackplayer for audio playback in my app. I am streaming songs in my app from the appwrite storage bucket. Everything works fine with .mp3 files but it has problems with the .wav files. So I looked inside the bucket to see whats wrong. When I try to open .wav via the from appwrite provided url the browser actually does not interpret the file as an audio file and is displaying the content as raw binary txt. I assume the trackplayer is doing the same thing so that is why it is having problems. I do not want to need to download the file first so how can I get around this problem? here is what the browser displays after accessing the url:

TL;DR
Developers are encountering an issue with .wav files on appwrite storage where the mimetype is incorrect, causing the files to display as raw binary text instead of audio. The problem is likely with how the files are being interpreted by the browser and the track player. One workaround is to ensure that the correct mimetype is set for .wav files either in the metadata or server headers to resolve this issue.
djimon
20 Oct, 2024, 11:18

this is in the response header:

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more