Back

building a chat feaute in my app using appwrite.

• Android
  • Messaging
  • Realtime
  • Cloud
INAKA
19 Oct, 2024, 04:50

I am building a group chat feature in my appusing appwrite.

I am usijg the appwrite db to sotre the messages, and apperite realtime for listening to any realtime messages, when a response is received from the realtime subscription, i store the message into local cache of device.

Now i want to implement the system where my app keeps listening for new messages even if the app is closed or the group is closed, and keeps storing the new incoming messages into the loval cache.

Can appwrite help with this?

And can you suggest the most optimal thing to use for this group messaging feature using appwrite

#🚑│support

TL;DR
Developing a group chat feature using Appwrite. Developer is utilizing Appwrite for storing messages and Appwrite Realtime for listening to new messages. Looking to implement continuous listening for new messages and storing them in local cache even when app is closed. Asking if Appwrite can assist with this and seeking recommendations for optimizing group messaging feature. Solution: You can use Appwrite Realtime with Foreground Service on Android (or similar features on other platforms) to enable continuous listening for new messages even when the app is closed. Make use of local storage for caching messages.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more