Back

Random error during function execution: "Error: fetch failed"

• Functions
  • Cloud
memoonlite
11 Oct, 2024, 17:26

Hi! 👋🏻 I'm using Appwrite Cloud and sometimes I randomly get a "fetch failed" error while executing a function:

TypeScript
    at Client.call (/usr/local/server/src/function/node_modules/node-appwrite/lib/client.js:195:15)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at async Databases.listDocuments (/usr/local/server/src/function/node_modules/node-appwrite/lib/services/databases.js:1658:16)
    at async Module.default (file:///usr/local/server/src/function/src/index.js:42:35)
    at async execute (/usr/local/server/src/server.js:208:16)
    at async action (/usr/local/server/src/server.js:225:7)
    at async /usr/local/server/src/server.js:14:5```

Running the function again makes it time out:

```Synchronous function execution timed out. Use asynchronous execution instead, or ensure the execution duration doesn't exceed 30 seconds.
Error Code: 408```

The line that is referred to in the exception:

```database.listDocuments('5445545454454545', '3298329823923', [Query.equal('$id', user_id),]);```

This error rarely occurs. But when it does, it happens randomly and at random parts of the code. This potentially causes inconsistencies in my database. Because the function basically errors out in the middle of an operation and it's unpredictable when/where it happens.

Extra information: I don't use a custom domain or anything and I've never added/deleted/changed anything there. It's the default configuration.

Any idea what causes this problem?
TL;DR
Developers using Appwrite Cloud may encounter a "fetch failed" error randomly during function execution, leading to timeout issues and potential inconsistencies in the database. This issue seems to occur unpredictably and at various points in the code. Solution: To address this problem, consider optimizing your code to ensure it does not exceed the maximum execution duration and check for any potential issues in the code causing the fetch failure. Additionally, verifying the network connection and server status may help in resolving this error.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more