Back

Can't acces to user's info

• Android
  • React Native
  • Auth
  • Cloud
CallMeAlex
2 Oct, 2024, 07:11

Hello, I'm developing an Expo app using Appwrite for user login. Everything works fine locally (both with npx expo run and npx expo run:android --variant release), but when I build the app (eas build --profile preview --platform android), the login process indicates that the user logged in successfully, yet I can't access the user's info afterward. It's strange, and I'm not sure how to debug it since this only happens in the build version.

Here's my GitHub repo: https://github.com/CallMeAl3x/ZenPet The relevant code is in sign-in.tsx and compte.tsx, where the user's info should be displayed.

TL;DR
Issue: Developer is facing problems accessing user's information in the build version of their Expo app using Appwrite for user login. The issue seems to be related to how Appwrite keys are managed between development and deployment files. Solution: The problem was due to eas.json files. Developer identified that the issue arose from the eas.json file and should manage their Appwrite keys efficiently for both development and deployment using a single file.
CallMeAlex
2 Oct, 2024, 07:27

oh my

CallMeAlex
2 Oct, 2024, 07:28

it was my fucking eas.json

CallMeAlex
2 Oct, 2024, 07:30

Hey guys, how can I manage my Appwrite keys efficiently, using only one file for both development (currently in .env) and deployment (currently in eas.json) in my React Native Expo project?

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more