Back

Invalid `url` param: URL host must be one of: localhost, cloud.appwrite.io, appwrite.io

• React Native
SwordSaint
28 Sep, 2024, 20:44

Hello everyone, new to appwrite here. so I'm trying to implement email verification, I'm creating a mobile app with react native, but I don't know what to pass to the account.createVerification() function. I don't really know what needs to be there, is it a path to the home screen of my app?

TL;DR
Title: Error with 'url' param validation for Appwrite; asking for advice for account.createVerification() method in React Native app creation. Developers are receiving an error due to an invalid URL host parameter for Appwrite. They are seeking guidance on implementing email verification in a React Native mobile app using the account.createVerification() function. In order to resolve the issue, developers need to ensure that the URL host is set to one of the specified values: localhost, cloud.appwrite.io, appwrite.io. It's suggested to create a standalone web page or implement deep linking for React Native.
Steven
28 Sep, 2024, 20:49

it's supposed to take the user to something you've written that can pull out the secret and user id from the URL.

You can create a standalone web page. Or, for react native, you can implement deep linking

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more