Back

Issue with Sending Verification Email After User Creation in Appwrite Function

• Auth
  • Functions
roran
27 Sep, 2024, 12:59

Hello,

I'm trying to create an Appwrite function that takes an email address as input, checks it against a list, and if there's a match, it creates a user and sends them a verification email. The process I follow is:

TypeScript
Create the user using users.create.
Attempt to send a verification email to the newly created user.

Everything works fine up until the point where I try to send the verification email. From my understanding, Appwrite recently introduced the users.createToken(UserId) method to allow server-side actions on users. I’ve also tried using users.createJWT(UserId) to generate a token, but I still can’t get the createVerification method to work at the end of my function.

Could someone guide me on how the correct workflow should look?

When I use the client SDK from npm (appwrite), I get a "fetch is not defined" error. When I try the node-appwrite server-side SDK, I can't get createVerification to run without a session, which I don’t have.

Any advice or tips on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR
Issue: Unable to send verification email after creating a user in Appwrite function. Solution: The correct workflow involves creating the user with users.create, generating a token using users.createToken(UserId) or users.createJWT(UserId), and then using createVerification to send the email. Make sure to handle the "fetch is not defined" error by checking the environment and using the node-appwrite server-side SDK. Also, ensure that you have a session when calling createVerification.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more