Back

Address family not supported by protocol

• Self Hosted
berat.cmn
21 Sep, 2024, 22:01

I am trying to install Appwrite on my VPS which does not support IPv6. Here are the statuses of each container. appwrite-console constantly restarts. Here is the error:

/docker-entrypoint.sh: /docker-entrypoint.d/ is not empty, will attempt to perform configuration /docker-entrypoint.sh: Looking for shell scripts in /docker-entrypoint.d/ /docker-entrypoint.sh: Launching /docker-entrypoint.d/10-listen-on-ipv6-by-default.sh 10-listen-on-ipv6-by-default.sh: info: ipv6 not available /docker-entrypoint.sh: Sourcing /docker-entrypoint.d/15-local-resolvers.envsh /docker-entrypoint.sh: Launching /docker-entrypoint.d/20-envsubst-on-templates.sh /docker-entrypoint.sh: Launching /docker-entrypoint.d/30-tune-worker-processes.sh /docker-entrypoint.sh: Configuration complete; ready for start up 2024/09/21 21:59:46 [emerg] 1#1: socket() [::]:80 failed (97: Address family not supported by protocol) nginx: [emerg] socket() [::]:80 failed (97: Address family not supported by protocol)

TL;DR
The error message is related to nginx and the Address family not supported by protocol issue could be due to IPv6. To resolve this, modify the nginx config file to use IPv4 instead of IPv6. This should fix the problem you are facing with Appwrite installation on the VPS.
D5
21 Sep, 2024, 22:49

Hmmm looks like it's related to nginx. I think this is new from 1.6.0 and you will need to modify the nginx config file to use ipv4 instead 🤔

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more