Back

Question about Dashboard: Sessions-Display

• Self Hosted
  • Auth
panda_p
9 Sep, 2024, 10:09

Hello, I have a question regarding the display of active sessions in the Dashboard. As you can see all the values are identical making it impossible to distinguish them. My Questions:

• Is there a way to see how old a session is?
  • Can I provide extra information when creating a session which is then displayed on the dashbaord?
  • What does the "on" in "Browser and Device" mean?
  • Why is the column "Session" empty?
  • How do I provide a "Location"?

Thanks in advance 🙂

TL;DR
Developers reported issues with the display of active sessions in the Dashboard. They are unable to distinguish sessions due to all values being identical. Questions were raised about session age, displaying extra information, the meaning of "on" in Browser and Device, empty Session column, and providing location data. Suggestions were given to file feature requests on GitHub for requested features or issues encountered.
darShan
9 Sep, 2024, 10:21
  1. not yet, the api seems to contain the data but is not shown on console.. Feel free to file a feature request on GitHub.
  2. like what?
  3. it seems broken, usually it shows the device and the browser name like Chrome 128.0 on Mac 10.15.
  4. what Appwrite version are you using? I don't see that column on 1.5.10
  5. Location is usually updated from the IP address the session was generated from. Seems broken on Self-hosted. Works on Cloud. Pretty sure this has something to do with GeoDB. Maybe file an issue on GitHub for this too.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more