Back

Not able to create float/double attributes & relationships

• Self Hosted
  • Databases
  • General
  • REST API
KardoBMB
23 Jul, 2024, 11:15

I am currently building a multiple-environment application using AppWrite self-hosted. Between my mobile application and AppWrite, there would be an additional Middleware layer that I would like to use to expand the capabilities of AppWrite. I am currently working on a database structure migration script that I could use to import the database structure from one environment to another without manually creating each collection and attributes one by one. What I've done:

1. Manually created the collections & attributes using the AppWrite console interface on local selfhosted;
  2. Using Postman I've returned the JSON containing the database structure targeting "v1/databases/<databaseId>/collections";
  3. I've saved the returned JSON inside a file in my middleware and then run the script to import the data;
  4. Everything works properly(all the collections and attributes are created) except for two attributes of type "double" and "relationships".

This is what a double attribute looks like: { "key": "scoring_value", "type": "double", "status": "available", "error": "", "required": false, "array": false, "min": 0, "max": 5, "default": 1 } This is how the relationship attribute looks like: { "key": "videos", "type": "relationship", "status": "available", "error": "", "required": false, "array": false, "relatedCollection": "669e76f600357827e736", "relationType": "oneToOne", "twoWay": false, "twoWayKey": "669e77680011150508a5", "onDelete": "setNull", "side": "parent" } To be mentioned is that I've also tried using "float" instead of "double" but with no success.

TL;DR
Developers building app with AppWrite self-hosted face issue while creating float/double attributes & relationships using database structure migration script. They successfully import collections & attributes, but encounter problems with "double" and "relationship" types. They tested "float" instead of "double" but faced no success.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more