Back

Python Function with List Documents

• Databases
  • Functions
RodPenna
11 Apr, 2024, 21:19

I created a function that receives the id of a product and returns its data if it is active in the database. I am having problems setting up the Query to query the documents using the list_documents method. I would like help in setting up the Query for this search. I'm sending an image of my code to the function and I'm using the following versions:

Python == 3.11 Appwrite == Version 1.4.13

TL;DR
Developers encountering an internal server error (`500 Error`) with their Python function using Appwrite. The issue is likely related to incompatibility between Appwrite SDK version and the Appwrite service. Update the SDK to match the Appwrite version (in this case, Appwrite 1.4.13).Check and adjust the Query used for listing documents to potentially resolve the problem.
RodPenna
11 Apr, 2024, 21:29

Error:

TypeScript
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/server/src/function/runtime-env/lib/python3.11/site-packages/appwrite/client.py", line 114, in call
    response.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/local/server/src/function/runtime-env/lib/python3.11/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 1021, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: http://appwrite-url/v1/databases/db_store/collections/products/documents?queries%5B0%5D=%7B%22method%22%3A%22equal%22%2C%22attribute%22%3A%22%24id%22%2C%22values%22%3A%5B%22661850d8d17fa591335b%22%5D%7D

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/server/src/server.py", line 163, in action
    output = await asyncio.wait_for(execute(context), timeout=safeTimeout)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/tasks.py", line 489, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/server/src/server.py", line 156, in execute
    output = userModule.main(context)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/server/src/function/src/main.py", line 39, in main
    search_product = databases.list_documents(
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/server/src/function/runtime-env/lib/python3.11/site-packages/appwrite/services/databases.py", line 916, in list_documents
    return self.client.call('get', api_path, {
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/server/src/function/runtime-env/lib/python3.11/site-packages/appwrite/client.py", line 129, in call
    raise AppwriteException(response.json()['message'], response.status_code, response.json().get('type'), response.json())
appwrite.exception.AppwriteException: Server Error
ideclon
11 Apr, 2024, 21:31

Double check that you're using the correct SDK version for your version of Appwrite.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more