Back

I keep getting "Rate limit for the current endpoint has been exceeded." while developing...

• General
  • Accounts
  • Web
  • Cloud
Rond
24 Jan, 2024, 10:45

Hello

I'm trying to write Auth code in my sveltekit app and keep on getting " Rate limit for the current endpoint has been exceeded. Please try again after some time." and I need to wait 1 hour to continue developing. This is really fustrating and time consuming. Is there way to "unblock" rate limits for dev websites? (I'm doing it in localhost).

Thanks

TL;DR
Developers encounter a "Rate limit for the current endpoint has been exceeded" error while working on a SvelteKit app. They are frustrated because they have to wait an hour to continue developing. They are looking for a way to unblock the rate limits for local development. Solution: The suggestion is to use Appwrite locally on their machine using Docker. This allows them to edit the rate limit and is more suitable for development. Once the project is ready, they can change the Appwrite configuration to use Appwrite Cloud.
kamal.panara
24 Jan, 2024, 10:51

Hi @Rond you can't edit/change Rate limit for Appwrite Cloud, I recommend using Appwrite locally on your machine using Docker, that's where you can edit rate limit as well as it's better for working in development enviroment. once your project is ready you can change the Appwrite config in your project to Appwrite cloud.

Rond
24 Jan, 2024, 10:52

Thanks Kamal. Never used Docker before, is there a tutorial specifically for Appwrite?

kamal.panara
24 Jan, 2024, 10:53
kamal.panara
24 Jan, 2024, 10:58

@Rond video is bit older but steps are same, so make sure keep the latest Appwrite docs handy: https://appwrite.io/docs/advanced/self-hosting#install-with-docker

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more