Back

[SOLVED] Continuous "ETIMEDOUT" Error while Using Appwrite CLI for Cloud Functions

• Users
  • Web
  • Self Hosted
anyuru
30 May, 2023, 10:51

I have been attempting to create and deploy cloud functions using the Appwrite CLI, but I am consistently encountering the same error after a few seconds: "Error connect ETIMEDOUT 75.2.37.244:433". This error persists regardless of the actions I perform, including logging into the Appwrite console, initializing, and deploying cloud functions.

I have exhaustively tried various approaches to resolve the issue but have been unable to pinpoint the root cause of the sudden timeout errors affecting all my requests. The most recent activity performed on my instance was transferring it from one hosting service provider to another, but everything seemed to be functioning properly after that transition. Another potential factor could be updating my Docker, although I'm unsure if it directly caused the problem.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or insights from anyone who can lend a hand in resolving this issue. Thank you for your help.

TL;DR
The user is encountering a continuous "ETIMEDOUT" error while using the Appwrite CLI for Cloud Functions. They have tried various approaches to resolve the issue but have been unsuccessful. It is unclear what the root cause of the error is, but potential factors could be transferring the instance to a new hosting service provider or updating Docker. The user is seeking assistance to resolve the issue. Solution: The user later mentions that they had to update the client endpoint of the Appwrite CLI in their project, which solved the issue.
safwan
30 May, 2023, 11:05

Looks like you're self-hosting. Have you tried disabling the firewall?

safwan

If it works without the firewall, then you found the issue

safwan

Let me know

anyuru
30 May, 2023, 11:30

Alright let me try that

anyuru
30 May, 2023, 13:43

It's working fine.

anyuru
30 May, 2023, 13:43

Thanks.

anyuru
30 May, 2023, 13:45

I also had to update the client endpoint of the Appwrite CLI in my project. Thanks once again for the help.

Drake
30 May, 2023, 18:17

[SOLVED] Continuous "ETIMEDOUT" Error while Using Appwrite CLI for Cloud Functions

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more