Back

How to resolve message": "Invalid `success` param: URL host must be one of: localhost, cloud.appwrit

• Web
  • Cloud
ReactingMe
22 Jun, 2024, 03:34

Hello, when setting up Appwrite initially I used localhost:3000 as my URL, and now that I am trying to deploy I got an error:

TypeScript
message": "Invalid `success` param: URL host must be one of: localhost, cloud.appwrite.io, appwrite.io
``` . How can I fix this?
TL;DR
Developers are experiencing an error with the message "Invalid `success` param: URL host must be one of: localhost, cloud.appwrite.io, appwrite.io." The solution is to ensure the success URL is set to a valid hostname without a port, such as `localhost` or `cloud.appwrite.io`. They should not include unnecessary information like `www.mysite.com` or `localhost:3000`.
Steven
22 Jun, 2024, 03:36

What do you mean you used that as a url?

What's your code?

ReactingMe
22 Jun, 2024, 03:40

Sorry, I meant hostname

Steven
22 Jun, 2024, 03:41

You mean you added a web platform? It should be a hostname only. No port. That said, you don't need to add localhost.

Again, whats your code?

ReactingMe
22 Jun, 2024, 03:43
TypeScript
Steven
22 Jun, 2024, 03:47

Again, you don't need to add localhost

Steven
22 Jun, 2024, 03:48

You put www.mysite.com for the oauth success and failure URLs. Did you add that as a web platform?

ReactingMe
22 Jun, 2024, 03:58

yes, and the domain was added for the success and failure URLs. I don't understand why the error persists though

ReactingMe
22 Jun, 2024, 03:59

Sorry about the question as I am super new to Appwrite

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more