Back

Function subsubdomains, DNS PROBE

• Web
Camo
11 Feb, 2024, 10:49

I want to ask if the subsubdomains in functions do need to be added to dns, as i have 404 on each of the subsubdomains e.g. the automaticly generated subdomain http://65c5452eef6e40ec629c.appwrite.bash.lv/ would return DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN for me.

TL;DR
To make wildcard function domains work, you need to add two additional records: `functions.appwrite.bash.lv` and `*.functions.appwrite.bash.lv` with the same configuration as your `appwrite.bash.lv` record. If you want wildcard certificates to work, you'll need to set up Traefik to do DNS challenge with your provider. For self-hosted setups, it's recommended to manually generate an SSL certificate for your custom domains using the command `docker compose exec appwrite ssl --domain="yourdomainhere.com"`. This only needs to be done once and will renew automatically. To resolve the issue with
Camo
11 Feb, 2024, 10:51

i have only routed https://appwrite.bash.lv A record, should i be adding something else ?

Camo
11 Feb, 2024, 10:52

Function subsubdomains, DNS PROBE

Meldiron
11 Feb, 2024, 10:59

For wildcard function domains to work, you need 2 more records:

1. functions.appwrite.bash.lv and *.functions.appwrite.bash.lv. Both should have same configuration as your appwrite.bash.lv

If you need wildcard certificates to work, thats a bit more tricky as you would need to setup Traefik to do DNS challenge with your provider. What I would recommend for self-hosted is to manually generate ssl certificate for your custom domains. This only needs to be done once for every domai, and it will keep renewing automatically. The command is docker compose exec appwrite ssl --domain="yourdomainhere.com"

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more