Back

"Internal curl errors has occured within the executor! Error Number 28 ..."

• Functions
upnorth
17 Sep, 2024, 12:04

Full error: Internal curl errors has occurred within the executor! Error Number: 28. Error Msg: Operation timed out after 15001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received\nError Code: 500

Was trying to troubleshoot how I had implemented this when I managed to finally get the actual error from listDocuments (using the error-function instead of log gave me "TypeError: error is not a function)

My code:

TypeScript
      const tasksBatch = await databases.listDocuments(
        DATABASE_ID,
        TASK_COLLECTION_ID,
        [
          Query.and([
            Query.limit(limit),
            Query.offset(offset),
            Query.equal('completed', false),
            Query.isNotNull('nextReminder'),
            Query.lessThanEqual('nextReminder', now),
          ]),
        ]
      );
TL;DR
Developers experiencing an internal curl error 28 while using Appwrite functions, thinking the issue might be with SDK or code. Reverted to previous working deploy, suspecting recent code changes causing the problem. Suggested improving the query and adding TypeScript for easier troubleshooting. Also pointed out a tweak in the query. Full error provided for reference.
darShan
17 Sep, 2024, 12:10

can you show full function code?

darShan
17 Sep, 2024, 12:11

also the query can be improved here. not everything needs to be in the and query. You could move limit and offset out. see - https://appwrite.io/docs/products/databases/queries

upnorth
17 Sep, 2024, 12:13

Yeah, I figured and tired that. Still got the same error though.

upnorth
17 Sep, 2024, 12:16

Full function. Recent changes were the fetch helper methods and changing from sdk, { Query } to * as sdk as that import didn't have a default export any more. I usually code in TS and this is just JS so I might be stumbling on something there

upnorth
17 Sep, 2024, 12:17

I reversed to the last working deploy and that seems to be working actually. So it seems like it's my code after all...

upnorth
17 Sep, 2024, 12:22

It's a little annoying that the functions doesn't have a TS option for node servers when you use the guide. It defaults to main.js so you have to add TS yourself. I looked it up but haven't had time to convert it yet. I think that could help troubleshooting things like this. I imagine most devs that use node also uses TS anyway?

upnorth
17 Sep, 2024, 12:39

but yeah, the code does seem to run until listDocuments so it leads me to believe the issue is there and I do get an internal 500 error from it too.

Might be the sdk rather than the Appwrite function though. Hard to tell.

upnorth
17 Sep, 2024, 12:41

Redeploying the earlier version also deployed the less up to date dependencies. So some bug might have been introduced there.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more