Back

Functions in Appwrite Cloud

• Functions
  • Cloud
_11mb
12 Sep, 2024, 13:49

Hi all!

Currently I'm having issues with functions on the Appwrite Cloud environment.. and I'm not sure how to proceed.

The first issue is the easiest to explain: Currently I cant create a new function from a template.

When I click on 'functions' in the menu, and then on the tab 'templates' Then I click on 'Generate PDF', I give it a name, I select nodejs 18. After that I get stuck on the step 'Permissions'. If I enable the toggle 'Public (anyone can execute)' or disable it, the next button won't get enabled and stays disabled, leaving me stuck on this page

The second issue is not hard to explain either: I have already an existing function. When I do a POST request to this function from postman I get a 500 response code with the body:

{ "message": "Server Error", "code": 500, "type": "general_unknown", "version": "1.6.0" }

however in the console I see a succesful execution on this function with the resonse code 200 and all the logging. How can I resolve this issue?

TL;DR
Issue 1: Unable to create a new function from a template on Appwrite Cloud due to the 'Next' button staying disabled when adjusting permissions. Issue 2: Existing function returns 500 error in Postman but shows successful execution in the console with response code 200 and logging. Solution for Issue 1: Try refreshing the page or checking for any network issues. If problem persists, contact Appwrite support for further assistance. Solution for Issue 2: The discrepancy in the response codes might be due to how error handling is managed in your function. Double-check the code for any inconsistencies and ensure error responses are handled correctly

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more