Back

Region and mfa field missing

• Self Hosted
  • Databases
mandolfo
10 Sep, 2024, 15:59

made this a separate thread.

Please excuse my ignorance. Does downgrading Appwrite have any effect on the data itself.? I’m facing problems from 1.5.10 after upgrading from 1.4.5. Something about MFA field. I even have a region field issue on migrations. The upgrade guide says you can go from 1.2 to 1.3 to 1.4. Not sure what I missed. I have read that one can run a migration with a version number. If I am on 1.5.10 can I run all migrations from 1.1 to 1.5.10 in case there is something trivial I may have skipped? 1.3.3 -> 1.4.5 -> 1.5.10 has been my upgrade path.

I don't mind the mariaDB cli if I have to create a field and avoid all the migrations and backups. However, I'd need to know the table and field definition so I don't break future migrations.

TIA

TL;DR
Developers facing issues after upgrading Appwrite to version 1.5.10 from 1.4.5. Encounter problems with the missing MFA and region fields. Wondering if downgrading would affect data. Want to confirm if all migrations from version 1.1 to 1.5.10 can be run to address potential missed steps. Considering creating a field in MariaDB to avoid migrations but require table and field definitions to prevent issues.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more