Back

Custom Domain not listed, SSL Cert expiring

• Self Hosted
punti_z
2 Jul, 2024, 23:16

The custom subdomain I have for accessing appwrite, which I am certain I created using appwrites custom domain feature, is not listed in custom domains. Not sure when it went missing since I have upgraded the instance a few times.

When I now add it in custom domain I receive the message “Domain Verified - certificate generation will begin after domain verification” and the domain is still not listed.

Looking at the logs I get the the message

“Cannot assign your main domain to specific resource. Please use a subdomain or a different domain”

Not sure what to do with that since the subdomain is already working and that how I access my appwrite instance (self hosted)

The reason I found out is my ssl certificate for the subdomain which was also issued using appwrite is now expiring and appwrite doesn’t seem to know its supposed to renew it..

Kindly help

TL;DR
Custom subdomain missing from Appwrite's custom domains list, SSL certificate expiration issue not recognized by Appwrite. Attempting to re-add custom domain results in 'Domain Verified' message but domain remains unlisted. Log error mentions 'Cannot assign main domain to specific resource'. Issue with main domain even though using subdomain for app access. Solution: Confirm custom subdomain setup in the correct section, troubleshoot domain assignment error, contact Appwrite support for SSL certificate renewal assistance.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more