Back

Appwrite throwing error on function deployement deletion

• Self Hosted
  • Functions
Ibaraki Douji
25 Jun, 2024, 19:17

Hey,

So when deleting some old deployments of some functions I got surprised when for some deletion i got this error :

TypeScript
[Error] Timestamp: 2024-06-25T19:08:34+00:00
[Error] Method: DELETE
[Error] URL: /v1/functions/:functionId/deployments/:deploymentId
[Error] Type: Appwrite\Extend\Exception
[Error] Message: Failed to remove deployment from storage
[Error] File: /usr/src/code/app/controllers/api/functions.php
[Error] Line: 1411

(sry i didn't had the dev tool opened at the time so i don't have the error in it)

The thing is on the UI it's removed, and trying the search for the deployment ID on the DB returns nothing.

So kinda no problem since the deployment is deleted but since it's not the first time it happen i wanted to share it in case you want to check.

TL;DR
Issue: When trying to delete some old deployments of functions, developers are experiencing an error message indicating that the removal failed, even though the deployments are successfully removed from the UI and cannot be found in the database. Resolution: It seems that the issue may be related to a backend error when deleting the deployment from storage. However, since the UI reflects the deletion and the database search doesn't return any results, it seems that the deployments are successfully removed despite the error message. Developers may want to bring this issue to the attention of the technical team for further investigation.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more