Back

Error with attributes - Invalid document structure: Unknown attribute

• Self Hosted
  • Android
  • Databases
jj_mad
25 Jun, 2024, 11:42

Hello everyone,

I am currently stuck at what I believe to be a bug.

The error appears when I tried to update a document in a collect named payments. I'm using the android SDK to create and update the document. I use the same method to generate the data to upload and update.

Problem comes when I tried to update, I have the following error: Failure(io.appwrite.exceptions.AppwriteException: Invalid document structure: Unknown attribute: "places").

But when I checked the attributes there is no places attribute and I do not have this error when I uploaded the document.

Trying to figured it out, I tried to create an attribute named places it fails. When I checked the log of the container appwrite-worker-databases I found out this

SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'places'

I restarted all the appwrite containers but still have the same problem.

I am not really sure if I have ever created an attribute for this collection named places. I did create a relationship with a collection named places so maybe this is the reason.

In any case I think that bug is that the attribute is not showing up in the attributes tab . Attached you can find a screenshot of the attributes that appear in the tab.

Thank you for your time and support

TL;DR
Error occurs when trying to update a document in a collection. Even though 'places' attribute isn't in use, the system throws an error mentioning it. The problem might be due to a previous relationship with a collection named 'places.' Restarting containers didn't resolve the issue. Potential bug: 'places' attribute not visible in the attributes tab.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more