Back

Scopes settings not available for Functions

• Web
  • Cloud
SanjivJais
26 Aug, 2024, 13:29

As per the documentation, I should see a Scopes section in the settings of the particular Appwrite Function. But I don't see it.

I'm not able to access my collections using Appwrite functions through Client API. If I'm not wrong, my function will be able to perform CRUD operations on documents in collections if I specify appropriate scopes to the function. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

TL;DR
Scopes settings not available for Functions yet in current release. Without Scopes, unable to perform CRUD operations on Collections/Documents through Functions. App using GoogleOAuth authentication is unable to access Collections with `Users` permission. Docs currently aimed for unreleased Cloud version 1.6. Solution: Wait for 1.6 release for Scopes feature and Function CRUD operations on Collections.
Kenny
26 Aug, 2024, 13:39

I believe this is a new 1.6 feature, that is not available in cloud as of yet.

darShan
26 Aug, 2024, 14:05

Docs are targeted for Cloud @ 1.6 currently and 1.6 is yet to be released on cloud.

SanjivJais
26 Aug, 2024, 14:12

Could you guide me on what should I do until it's released? How can I perform CRUD operations on Collections/documents through Functions? My app uses GoogleOAuth for user authentication and since my collection's permission is set to Users, the function is not being able to perform CRUD operations on it when triggered via Client API even if I'm logged in in the app.

darShan
26 Aug, 2024, 14:15

Dynamic keys are a part of 1.6x release. Before that, you can create standard keys from your projects main dashboard/overview screen.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more