Back

Multiple user accounts for 1 user

• Databases
  • Auth
  • Web
  • Cloud
Bigrichardo
11 May, 2024, 18:59

I was wondering if someone has a smart solution for my problem 🙂 I am working on a project where a customer works at different companies. The customer creates an account at my app for Company1, completes his profile settings and wants to add his second account for Company2 to the same profile account as Company1. I can create a table in between as relation table from User Account to Profile, but i still have an issue. Everything the customer does when he is logged in as Company1 its documents will be created with his current userId. When he logs in as Company2 then he no longer has permission to edit them.

Does someone has a smart solution that i didnt think of?

TL;DR
Developers are seeking a solution for allowing one user to have multiple accounts associated with different companies in one profile. The challenge is ensuring permissions carry over when the user switches between accounts. One suggestion is to create a more dynamic permissions system that allows the user to specify which account they are operating under, which would dictate their access levels in the app. This way, documents are tied to the specific company account they were created under.

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more