Back

Runtime already exists

• Self Hosted
  • Functions
Nour
26 Nov, 2023, 11:05

An internal curl error has occurred while starting runtime! Error Msg: Runtime already exists.\nError Code: 500

TL;DR
The user is experiencing an issue where a function gets stuck in execution until a timeout error occurs. This happens consistently for a certain period of time and restarting the server resolves the issue. The user is unsure if this is related to cache or certain server settings. The error message "Runtime already exists" is also occurring. Solution: It is recommended to check the timing of the issue and review the executor logs for more information. It would also be helpful to provide additional context and details. If this issue persists and the user is self-hosted, they may need to address any potential caching or server setting issues.
Drake
27 Nov, 2023, 16:45

Can you give some additional context and details?

Nour
28 Nov, 2023, 06:51

This error appears when I execute a function. After conducting several experiments, I’ve noticed that sometimes the function gets stuck in execution until a timeout error is displayed. Following this, it remains stuck in all executions for a certain period of time. However, if I stop the server and restart it, the function works fine again. I’m curious as to why this happens. Could it be related to cache or something similar? I’m also wondering if the _APP_FUNCTIONS_MAINTENANCE_INTERVAL, _APP_FUNCTIONS_INACTIVE_THRESHOLD, and _APP_MAINTENANCE_INTERVAL settings are related to this issue.

Nour
29 Nov, 2023, 06:19

??

fafa
29 Nov, 2023, 09:56

@Nour Could you also say if you are Self-Hosted or on the Cloud? Please use the tags in the posts so others can see more easily. For example:

Nour
29 Nov, 2023, 12:06

Self-Hosted

Drake
2 Dec, 2023, 17:58

What's the timing of things? Also, the executor logs around the time would be helpful

Nour
3 Dec, 2023, 06:58

When I overloaded the function with numerous requests, all of them were executed synchronously at the same time. As a result, some of the executions received a 200 response, while others shows timeout error with a 500 response. After the function worker finished, if I tried to execute it again with a single call, it would get stuck in execution until a timeout error was displayed. This state would persist for a period of time, but if I restarted the server, it would work again.

Nour
7 Dec, 2023, 08:49

??

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more