Back

Problem with string Array on Document Creation

• Self Hosted
  • Databases
ponguta_
26 Apr, 2024, 17:22

Hello, I was trying to create a document from my front-end after update to 1.5.4 but I start getting an error: Invalid document structure: Attribute "tags['0']" has invalid type. Value must be a valid string and no longer than 30 chars

Then I try to create same document but on Appwrite console, and I'm getting same error, any idea?

TL;DR
Developers are experiencing issues with creating documents containing string arrays in the Appwrite console after updating to version 1.5.4. An error regarding the attribute "tags['0']" being of invalid type is encountered, even after recreating the database. One developer suggests running the migrate command after upgrading.
Steven
26 Apr, 2024, 17:39

did you run the migrate command after upgrading?

ponguta_
26 Apr, 2024, 17:45

I did nuke the database (im in dev enviroment) and created all again using SDK, but stills doesnt work.

ponguta_
26 Apr, 2024, 17:46

Right now I'm doing some tests, and I have noticed, that if the Array attribute is the last one of the collection, it works, but if the Array attribute is not the last, then I get the error Invalid document structure: Attribute "tags['0']" has invalid type.

Steven
26 Apr, 2024, 17:59

i tried with these and it worked 🧐

Reply to this thread by joining our Discord

Reply on Discord

Need support?

Join our Discord

Get community support by joining our Discord server.

Join Discord

Get premium support

Join Appwrite Pro and get email support from our team.

Learn more